Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I bought a Kindle Paperwhite online. About two months ago.

Customer Question

hello. I bought a Kindle Paperwhite online. About two months ago.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle paperwhite
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it's brand new. I haven't used it much. But its screen has a glitch
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: where do i get it replaced?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 13 days ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will be happy to help. Can you tell me whats going on with the screen please? What kind of "glitch" does it have?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
One pixel or point shines brighter than the rest.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for that information. Did you purchase directly from AMAZON?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
why was I charged 23 dollars? It said 6$ refundable. What's going on here?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 13 days ago.

Since you purchased it directly from Amazon, you should be able to login to your Amazon accoutn, click on order history and initiate a return.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Service via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Oh. let me rephrase. I bought it through a friend who bought it directly online. Is there a repair shop where I can come in and get it serviced? I am currently staying in Union, SC.
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

I can help you with this, but to be clear, this is a paid support service. The $5 was only a deposit to post your question, with the balance of the total fee being charged after speaking with an expert here. It is considered refundable if you don't get an answer, otherwise to continue you are agreeing to pay for my time and efforts in assisting you.

Initially, this symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,