Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I understood I had ordered a book and that it was delivered

Customer Question

I understood I had ordered a book and that it was delivered but after I had read some it asked me if I had enjoyed the sample. At this point I thought I must have pressed the wrong button so I thought I would now order it. When I tried to do this I was advised I had already ordered the book which I have never received only the sample. O have talked to two of your support representatives and have had various answera. The first one told me my account was blocked and in serveral days all my list of books would disappear, I didnt like that answer so tried once more and the next one advised my that my kindle need up graded and it would cost me one hundred dollers to do this as I had never upgraded so I didnt like that answer either. I have had this Kindle I think for under two years and I feel if it needs an upgrad then Kindle should take care of this. The book that they say has been ordered has never qrrived and I dont feel confident in trying to order another so I am without a book to read which is very frustrating as I have low vision so I am unable to read regular books so have been very dependent on both the Kindls I have. I would appreciate if you can check into this for me as nothing seems to make sense.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is under two years old and it is the one with the light and white background
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: since last night when I found out I didnt have a book only a sample
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Unless u can think of some thing I cant
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 7 months ago.
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Amazon.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access the book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you