Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I was shopping at kidle store and a screen came up and now i

Customer Question

i was shopping at kidle store and a screen came up and now i cant do any thing
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: all it says is kindle amazon
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just happened last night
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was trying to purchase a book there is a screen with no words on it
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 14 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 14 days ago.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with exactly what you see on your screen- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 14 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?