Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

Nook tab E .... I forgot password, attempting to reset, but

Customer Question

Nook tab E .... I forgot password, attempting to reset, but nook won't reset holding power and N.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 10 days ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Try these steps please.

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off the Nook tablet. Wait about 10 to 15 seconds. Press and hold the power button, and then press and hold the “Home” (“n”) key will still holding the power button down.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did as you suggested, but the nook appeared to restart, then go black because I am in the 60 minute waiting period.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am hearing impaired, and I don't have a phone that receives text messages, so speak up. Thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am waiting for your call.

Try these steps please

1. With the NOOK powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOK powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog
  3. Press HOME key to continue
  4. Press n button (home).
  5. You will be prompted to confirm.
  6. Press HOME key to continue
  7. Press n button (home).
  8. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My bank just called and said I have been charged $40 + 10 ... by you. I thought I wouldn't be charged until my problem was solved.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have followed the steps but still no reset dialogue. Nook screen comes up and says I have to said another 53 minutes. Are you there?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
wait, not said

I am sorry for any difficulty or confusion. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello, are you there?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have wasted too much time ... and my problem has not been solved ... so I want the charges removed from my bank account. I feel I owe you nothing, because I followed your advice and the nook is still locked. Bernie

1. Turn your device completely off.

2. Power up the device while holding in both the power button and the physical "n" button at the bottom of your NOOKcolor.

3. The device should begin to power up and you will see the welcome screen however keep holding both buttons down and the device will power down.

4. Repeat step 2.

5. When the welcome screen comes up, release both buttons.

6. The device will begin to power on and then a window will pop up asking if you would like to restore your device. Press the "n" button once and again to confirm.

7. The NOOKcolor will restore itself to full factory defaults and will startup as if it were brand new.

8. Re-register your device (while connected to a WiFi network) and you will start over fresh

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You may feel that the steps you took answered my problem, but it did not. My nook is in the same condition as when I called, and I get no response from Mr. Boman. Remove the charges, please.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My bank has been charged by you so the payment info must be right. I am sick of this whole mess. Even when I click on the "Offer" nothing happens so it can't be claimed.

I only do the tech support, Try these steps please>

1. Turn your device completely off.2. Power up the device while holding in both the power button and the physical "n" button at the bottom of your NOOK.3. The device should begin to power up and you will see the welcome screen however keep holding both buttons down and the device will power down.4. Repeat step 2.5. When the welcome screen comes up, release both buttons.6. The device will begin to power on and then a window will pop up asking if you would like to restore your device. Press the "n" button once and again to confirm.7. The NOOK will restore itself to full factory defaults and will startup as if it were brand new.8. Re-register your device (while connected to a WiFi network) and you will start over fresh

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Your explanation is the same ... and it doesn't work. I do not get the "do you want to restore" dialogue. All the nook does it take a picture. Can you help in any other way? If not, I am off to Barnes and Noble to see if they can help. B
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can't wait any longer ... your responses are too slow. Please remove the charges from my account. By the way, this is the same scenario I had the last time I called ... much waiting, and no solution. Bernie Duffy

Power off the tablet hold down the Power key for a short while.

1. After that, press and hold together Volume Up + Home + Power button for a few seconds.
  2. You may release held keys when the Samsung Logo appears on the screen.
  3. Select "wipe data / factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
  4. In the next step choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.
  5. When the Recovery Mode appears again select "reboot system now".