Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I just got a new kindle. I opened it and followed

Customer Question

I just got a new kindle. I opened it and followed instructions and it was working OK. I think. Except it did not pick up the books in my account from my old kindle. AND, now, it does not work at all. Nothing shows on the screen. Recently the screen words said something like the kindle is upgrading and should take up to a minute. When this happened nothing changed. The kindle on time just turned off again.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: see my message above. not answered.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: model #: SY69jL small kindle maybe a fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this is a brand new kindle. it has not worked for days now. i have fully charged it. that's all i did
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am old. i don't get these machines. i don't know the language
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret hearing about how disappintingly the kindle tablet in question has been behaving.

Tell me: if it is several days or at least a little while, since the kindle last said it was updating and then turned itself Off... then, what happens when you try to turn it On again?