Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have input my full name, email and password; however when

Customer Question

I have input my full name, email and password; however when I try to buy or down load a free book, I get a message saying I am not registered. The kindle by purchased for me by my sister in law, Debi Gunter. I think I unregistered Debi but can't be sure. I would like to down load some books that I will pay for by visa and need to set up my visa number. Hope you can help. Kathleen Sellwood
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I'm not sure. It was purchased for Christmas 2012. Where do I go to look that up?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a month or two. Debi had it set up with here charge # but I think she took hers out. Guess I better ask her?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to be able to download and to set up my visa #
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and download a book

Let me know the results please

Thank you