Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My granddaughter has a Kindle she has a pin number that they

Customer Question

My granddaughter has a Kindle she has a pin number that they cannot remember. It is connected to my Amazon account and I do not want them to have my password ***** reset what are my options
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's relatively new it just came out in September and it said Kindle fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried several things this evening but other than that it's been a while since I've tried to get online
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know that they are in a pattern of holding in about 10 minutes before they can try anything else
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok we need the parental control password ***** I do not want to give them my amazon password
Expert:  Nathan replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for clarifying. There are a few things we can try for this.

On the password ***** type 'resetmykindle' without the quotations as the password. This will reset the device to factory, however Amazon saves all of your purchases so that you don't lose them. Simply reregister the Kindle with the same username and password ***** before.

OR Try to enter this number:###-##-####

Let me know if any of those work.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.