GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Informed that nook is locked & to call, nook hp it is about

Customer Question

informed that nook is locked & to call
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: nook hp it is about two yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I gave up on it a mo. or more ago...tried reregistering & locked
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: am wondering if I have lost all prev. on nook or how to recover???
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 14 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I believe that the best thing to do under the circumstances is to reset your Nook to factory. You should be able to access all of your previous Nook purchases from www.barnesandnoble.com by logging in with your email address and password. You can download the Nook reader APP to your PC or ipad, and read your books on other devices. Also after we have reset it to factory, if you set it back up with the email address and password ***** with your Barnes and Noble account, you will be able to re-download them to your Nook.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 14 days ago.

Please Note: A factory reset will deregister your device, removing all digital books and files, including side-loaded content. The titles you have purchased will remain in your account. It is recommended that all side-loaded content you wish to save is backed up to an SD card or computer before proceeding.

To Factory Reset Your Nook please do the following:

1. Confirm the device is powered off.
  2. Hold the Power and Home key simultaneously.
  3. Release the Power and Home key once the NOOK logo appears. A Factory Reset prompt will appear.
  4. To continue, press the Home key.
  5. To exit, press the Power key.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.