Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

My kindle fire won't turn on. It's been charging for over an

Customer Question

my kindle fire won't turn on. It's been charging for over an hour.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: a friend gave it to me for Christmas several years ago. The packaging says it is a kindle fire hdx. There are two bar codes with the numbers 8 48719 02301 and then FSNDOFBAOA034830CNM
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't had trouble with it before tonight. Last night I left it in my car by mistake. It got down to the 30s, but my car was in an insulated garage. I tried turning it on and off several times after letting it rest and charging it. there is a little pinhole on the side opposite where the charing cable goes. Is that a reboot button like on my fitbit flex? I didn't touch it because I didn't know what it was and I wanted to ask someone before I tried anything else.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free service you are preforming? I can't think of anything else to tell you.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 13 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

Please do the following:

1. Find the power button on the back of your HDX, then press and hold it for 25 seconds. Ignore any onscreen prompts. After 20 seconds, your screen will go black.

2. Press the power button again, it should startup fine again now.

If it doesn't work, please just reply again and I will help you further on to fix your problem. That involves no additional costs for you, you can reply as often as you want until I was able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. If I was able to help you, I would very happy about a positive rating (select 3 to 5 stars at the right top of the screen and click "submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck