GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Second opinion] - Having trouble registering my third

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Having trouble registering my third Kindle. I either have my Login wrong or my password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's brand new--I bought it yesterday.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried registering it several times, but it keeps telling me either my Login name is ***** ***** the password. It doesn't say which one.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. On your computer, please click on the following link:

www.amazon.com/myk

Try to login with the email address associated with your Amazon account, and the password ***** you think is correct. If you can't login to the Amazon website, please click on "FORGOT PASSWORD" and follow the instructions on the screen to have a link sent to your email that will allow you to change the password.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.