Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Nook won't open when I try to slide the unlock feature,

Customer Question

My Nook won't open when I try to slide the unlock feature
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I´m not sure what model, but it is at least seven years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That´s it
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks; I´ll try it and hope to not come back
Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

Okay you're welcome. I have no way of knowing if it works unless you reply. If it does, please click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited for my efforts.

Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.