Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I downloaded from Amazon to my "Mac" and then from my Mac to

Customer Question

Good afternoon
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I downloaded from Amazon to my "Mac" and then from my Mac to my Kindle, Three books. They show up on the Kindle icon on the screen of my iMac, but they do not show up when I open my Kindle. When I try it says a new app is required?????? What do I do now?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Don't know the model-it isn't on the device. It's about 6 - 7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have just discovered it. I haven't downloaded any books for about year. I have not tried any troubleshooting - I don't want to mess everything up .
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Within the kindle "drive" icon on the computer, you have to specifically put your downloaded book files into the DOCUMENTS folder of the kindle. Can you try that for me and check if the books show up that way?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

You're very welcome.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,