Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

My kindle paperwhite has a blank screen now, even after it

Customer Question

My kindle paperwhite has a blank screen now, even after it was fully charged. In the middle of a book, but
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 3-4years old. Called a Kindle Paperwhite,doesn't say a model.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started after it was charged two days ago. All I tried was tapping it to get the screen and it goes to the main screen ,not a home page
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just want to know how long these things are supposed to last
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please try this: Press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

The kindle has one-year warranty, but kindles usually last 2 or 3 years depending on your usage. Any electronics device can fail any time. Sometimes, you get lucky, sometimes not. One kindle may last only a few months, one may last a few years.

- Have you gotten a chance to try my suggestion above let?

- Do you also have a computer or tablet or smartphone? If yes, and if you have not known yet, if you'd like to, I can also show you how to read your kindle books on your computer, tablet, and/or smartphone.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with the kindle issue and/or with anything else?