Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

I am unable to watch Amazon videos using the Chrome browser.

Customer Question

I am unable to watch Amazon videos using the Chrome browser. It suggests making sure Widevine is enabled. plugins show it is enabled. Components will not let me download the newest version. I disabled it and re-enabled it with no success. Suggestions?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Sueface Pro # 1 and is several years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Disabling and re-enabling Widevine. It has been going on for awhile as I am just now trying to use it.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Joe replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Can you play videos such as on youtube?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I discovered I can watch Amazon videos using Internet Explorer. Please cancel my question and refund my $ 5.00
Expert:  Joe replied 18 days ago.

There can sometimes be problems with different browsers and that is why I was asking for that info as the next test I was going to have you do was IE or firefox which would have lead me to explaining this problem with some browsers. In the future if you have a problem with certain links/videos, etc please try a different browser which may allow function.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Credit my account for the $ 5.00 I am not satisfied with your answer.
Expert:  Joe replied 18 days ago.

You can contact customer service via your account for the question on that request, if you have any troubles please let me know.

I was just explaining what the problem was as that is what you requested and that is why I provided that answer to you.

Thanks,

Joe