Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

When I go to download a library book from Amazon, no new

Customer Question

when I go to download a library book from Amazon, no new kindle fire says there is a problem old kindle downloaded this through silk browser. all i can do is download it through the old kindle and then say to send it to 3rd kindle. any remedy?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: where do i fiind that? find
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: since i got it
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: model is fire 5th generation and serial number GOKO KH026295 09A4
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried restarting the Kindle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Just checking - did you press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds to reset the Kindle?

If that didn't work, check that your payment information is up to date on the Amazon website.

If it still won't work after checking your payment information, let me know the exact error message you are getting...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
going to https://stateofohio.libraryreserve.com this is through our local library
after signing in with my library number, and choosing a book to download .
Previously it just went to amazon and i clicked on get the book. this is not a purchase, it is a free service.
with my new kindle fire it goes to amazon prime and a blank page comes up that says sorry, something went wrong. we're working on fixing it. I'm sure it's just a setting but can't figure out how to fix it. on the old kindle it appears it connected with the silk browser. if i go into amazon, manage your content and devices, the book i clicked on which took me to amazon is not listed.