GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

LOCKED UP WHEN I WAS READING A BOOK AND I CAN'T GET IT TO

Customer Question

LOCKED UP WHEN I WAS READING A BOOK AND I CAN'T GET IT TO UNLOCK MODEL#D00901 Judy Grassmeyer
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Amazon Kindle I gave you the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried charging, but the yellow light does not go off. I held the on switch for 30 seconds a couple of times with no result
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Then what
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 21 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 21 days ago.

Good morning. I am just following up to see if my instructions worked for you. If they did not, please let me know so I can continue to work with you. If they did, please take a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it!