Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I need to know a few things about the Kindle appliance

Customer Question

I need to know a few things about the Kindle appliance before I buy one.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: That's the thing I don't own one yet I need to know more about them, as it is I never knew about computers and this thing gives me a lot of troube at times
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: If its now one thing, but I do have good tec support and that uselly solves the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can all of the info on that thing be erased ? When I needed to dispose of the tower that was XP I had to use an eraser disk for my own protection.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. In answer to what you asked about erasing the Kindle - Yes, they all have a MENU option that allows you to wipe the device clean (including all account info and all of your downloaded/saved content). Its a "Reset to Factory Defaults" option.

That said, is there anything else specific that you needed to know about the Kindles? Also please keep in mind there are many different Kindles out there. If you'd like you can read more about them at the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Ereader-Family/b?ie=UTF8&node=6669702011

Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

Please view my replies above, and if you have further questions feel free to reply back and I will continue to assist you.

Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for writing me. You answered my question to complete satisfaction.
Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

You're very welcome. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?