Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have a Whitepaper which was given to me for Christmas

Customer Question

I have a Whitepaper which was given to me for Christmas 2012. Do you need the serial number, etc. 1 The problem is it is now very slow. 2 It seems to be saving two or three copies of some of the books I have purchased 3 I can't buy a new book ..... Please help me. Jo Crocker
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2012 Serial No: B024150 248409KK
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This problem started a few weeks ago. I can't do anything with it because it keeps telling me it has an Application Error
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was wondering if it is a battery problem
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Hello Jo,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you Nathan. That seems to have worked OK.
Please tell me how I can store my downloaded books by authors not by recent.
Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Sorry I missed you last night, I'm in the US on a much different time zone.

Do you mean how can you sort them?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Nathan
Yes I would like to see them on my home page listed by authors. Sometimes there is a book series and I would like to see the authors book titles at a glance rather than trawling through pages of titles.
Also I would like to know how many books does the Kindle hold. Should I delete some.
Thanks again for your support
Cheers ***** ***** Jo
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Sorting and organization, other than alphabetical, is somewhat limited on these kindles.

The best way to do this is by grouping them in "collections".

Here is a detailed guide to that process: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_ac?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200953940

Typically the kindle can hold several hundreds, but there are a lot of variables based on size and images contained.

You'll know if it gets full as it would give an error message, but even that is rare - the kindle will manage its space automatically and remove older titles that are not needed immediately. All your books are always stored on the amazon cloud servers, so you can download them again anytime at no cost.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,