Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When I charged my Kate ndle I get it locked on a page that

Customer Question

When I charged my Kate ndle I get it locked on a page that says
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: only couple of years not sure of model but size of a small paperback book. Says USB drive mode if you want to read or shop on your Kindle while continuing to charge over USB please keep the USB cable attached but eject your kindle from your computer. Trouble is it wasn't connected to my computer just charging in the car?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday just tried to turn it off but the page is still displayed
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just why won't it turn off? Thanks
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks it's working again
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

You're welcome. Can you please click a POSITIVE RATING at the top of the page so that I am credited?

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

There should be stars all the way if you scroll to the top of the page.