Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My ljkindle will turn on, but will not move. It is frozen.

Customer Question

my ljkindle will turn on, but will not move. It is frozen. What do I have to do to get this bug off of my kendle.?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past? What confuses you?
Customer: I have an old Kindle. Do not know model. This has niver happened
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It turned on but the screen will not move at all to anything i want to go to. it's frozen, but still on. Is this a virus or something like that.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.