Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My Kindle 3G keeps shutting down back to the screen with the

Customer Question

My Kindle 3G keeps shutting down back to the screen with the man sitting under the large tree. I can get into the book I'm reading but does not go past chapter 6 and when I try to go forward back to the Kindle tree screen. What can this be please??
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle 3G e-reader on Wi-Fi one of the early models no back light. I've had it about 5years or so.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Happening for the past few days, cant find anything relating to y problem in the troubleshooting documents I have downloaded from Amazon or Kindle.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That all I think thanks.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.