Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle switches on but it is just a blank screen, It is

Customer Question

My kindle switches on but it is just a blank screen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is an Amazon Kindle about 4 years old but I don't know the model number
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days. At first I couldn't bring up the book I wanted to rear and the reader told me to delete it and upload again from Amazon. That is when the page went blank apart from a panel at the top of the screen which is constantly searching
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. When I switch the e-reader off that page is still there but not searching
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks for your assistance. I tried to reboot a few times and finally succeeded. So sorry for dropping out so suddenly. Thanks again
Expert:  Aric replied 24 days ago.

Thanks. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING for my service so that I am credited?