GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

How do I get rid of kindle ads. I have to turn off WiFi or,

Customer Question

How do I get rid of kindle ads. I have to turn off WiFi or
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is the large kindle - my fifth. It is Douglas's 5th kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: From the beginning. I have called before but they are still. Some are full page before an app opens.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be happy to help you with this.

Amazon is able to offer Kindle e-reader and Fire tablet models at a subsidized price by delivering Special Offers and Sponsored Screensavers. If you originally purchased a Special Offers device, you will be charged a one-time payment to unsubscribe from this service. This amount will be charged to the 1-Click payment method on your account, but will not be debited from any Amazon.com Gift Card amounts on your account.

To unsubscribe from Special Offers:

1. Log in to Amazon. Click on YOR ACCOUNT in the top right part of screen.
  2. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  3. Select the Your Devices tab.
  4. Click your device to display more information.
  5. Next to Special Offers, click Edit, and then follow the instructions to unsubscribe from Special Offers. You'll see the amount of the one-time payment before you confirm.

Your 1-Click payment method will be charged when you unsubscribe from Special Offers and you'll receive an email notification.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Otherwise, have a great evening!