Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

MY KINDLE IS NOT CHARGING,NO MATTER HOW IT IS PLUGGED IN,

Customer Question

MY KINDLE IS NOT CHARGING,NO MATTER HOW LONG IT IS PLUGGED IN
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT IS AMAZON KINDLE-PROBABLY 3 YEARS OLD
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: BEEN HAPPENING FOR A WEEK. THERE IS NOTHING I CAN TRY BECAUSE IT WONT COME ON
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO THANK YOU
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If the Kindle still does not charge beyond that, then have you tried another charge cable? These cables can fail without warning, and if you haven't yet - I would suggest purchasing another cable. The Kindle charge cable can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindle-Fire-HD-9W-Powerfast-AC-USB-Wall-Charger-Adapter-Micro-USB-Cable-/331949107783?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?