Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I don't have any sound with my earphones on my kindle fire,

Customer Question

I don't have any sound with my earphones on my kindle fire
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: less than 1 year
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: never tried to connect the earphones
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

If the device is still not playing back sound through your headphones even after the reboot, then you would need to contact Amazon for a replacement - since you're under one year from the date of purchase and still under warranty.

TO CONTACT KINDLE CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Click on this link and fill in the information.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.