Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle is charged but won't turn on, It's a kindle and I

Customer Question

my kindle is charged but won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It's a kindle and I don't know the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days, just charging it
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Nothing is happening. The little green light isn't even going on
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
the green light does go on then flickers then goes off. Usually when I turn it on it says swipe to turn on
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

You may need to repeat the process 4-5 times to take effect

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Yes, I'm here. Please allow me time to respond, every time you send another message I lose what I'm working on and have to start all over, which causes further delays.

Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Okay if that does not help, it indicates that it either hasn't been charging, or that there is a deeper hardware issue.

Plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, and leave it plugged in there for at least an hour (to charge from the computer). Then, still plugged to computer press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Your last suggestion did not work
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Thank you for trying,

that unfortunately confirms an internal hardware failure, and the kindle will need to be replaced.

They are not designed to be repaired economically and for most models it costs less to buy new than to repair: http://amzn.to/2fPnyHM

In that event, your best recourse will be to contact Amazon kindle service directly, at 866\321\8851. Even if past the warranty, Amazon usually has very good customer service, and will often offer a credit/trade in toward a new or refurbished kindle model.

When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.