Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have a new service and I'm having trouble setting up wifi

Customer Question

I have a new service and I'm having trouble setting up wifi on my kindle
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have a new kindle which was connected to my previous wifi but now I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. We had direct but now we have bright house
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just noticed it today but we have had the new service as of last week. I don't know how to trouble shoot. I'm not even sure I have the right name or abbreviation for bright house.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new internet modem / router device?

When you go to the menu / Wi-Fi / wireless setting on the kindle, what happens when you select / connect to your new modem's wi-fi / wireless network name? Is there any error or message?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

- Then go to the menu, then go to the Wi-Fi / Wireless option on the kindle, then select / connect to your wireless network name. Does it ask for password? Is there any error or message?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you but I figured it out myself .

You're welcome. Great. Was it Wi-Fi / wireless password *****? But I'm glad you got it working now.

Do you have any other electronics or computer question / issue I can help with today?

Thank you for the update.