E-Rusty
E-Rusty, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader expert. Let me help you with your device.
63817454

My kindle fire won't connect to msn so I can get email. Wifi

Customer Question

My kindle fire won't connect to msn so I can get email. Wifi is turned on. What can I do?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: No problem with kindle in the past. What does the tv have to do with it?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I turned our router off for about 30 seconds hoping it would reset but it didn't work. I turned off the wifi on kindle for a few seconds, that didn't work either. I checked msn to be sure my billing hadn't gone sideways, its ok.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just concerned that I might lose downloaded files if I have to reset to original defaults on the kindle or lose my ebooks.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  E-Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  E-Rusty replied 2 months ago.

First look at your wifi settings in your settings menu. Even though the wifi is turned on, you may not be connected to your wireless network. Please make sure you are connected to your network, and tell me what you find.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The wifi is on and has a good signal.
Expert:  E-Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hi, sorry for the delay, I've been without a computer for a couple of days. The other thing to do, since your wifi is turned on, is restart your router. Disconnect it from power for about 30 seconds. This will allow the network to reset.