Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have forgotten my pass code needed to purchase books on my

Customer Question

I have forgotten my pass code needed to purchase books on my kindle. Please give me instructions.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is an amazon kindle. I donot know the model #. It is a little over one year old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been nearly a year. I have read thru the instructions on the kindle.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 27 days ago.

To reset your password ***** to
Amazon Password *****

To request a password *****:

1. Go to Forgot Your Password.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions. You may be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a "CAPTCHA"). Make sure to enter the letters in all-caps. If you have a problem reading the "CAPTCHA," we'll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us.
  3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away.

Tip: For tips on how to choose a strong password, go to Choose a Strong Password .

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
After all is said and done, I did as instructed but still am informed that the pass word is invalid.
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 23 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.

Does the Kindle let you go to menu / settings?

Is the Kindle asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless password?

What's the make / model of your internet modem / router device? Do you see any password ***** key / passphrase at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s)? (It is case-sensitive.)

Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.