Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Nook that was used when I got it a few years ago. I

Customer Question

I have a Nook that was used when I got it a few years ago. I had it on this morning and suddenly the screen went dark. Can't get it to come on. Plugged in the charger and the battery seems to be charged. Do you have any idea what happened?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It was a gift and I don't have a clue. Very simple with no apps, etc.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just happened this morning. Tried to turn it on, but it stays dark. Besides trying to turn it on and plugging in the battery charger, I did nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I've read several books on it. Today, I was trying to list the books I have on the Nook into the computer so I have a paper copy to check so I don't duplicate.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Nook and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.