Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I just plugged my kindle into my mac and I can see all the

Customer Question

Hi! I just plugged my kindle into my mac and I can see all the books in the folder on my computer but they are no longer actually on my kindle.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model number = D00901 And it's about 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This just happened. I tried to put some epub books on from project gutenberg
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 4 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This sounds like the books are archived.

Log in to your Amazon account.

Go to "Your Account" and click "Manage Your Kindle."

Click "Actions" next to the titles you wish to recover and select "Deliver to My." Alternatively, select "Download & Transfer Via USB."

Select your Kindle from the drop-down menu and click "Deliver." The book will automatically download to your Kindle the next time it connects to the Internet. If you chose to use the USB option, select your Kindle and click "Download." You'll then have the option to save the file, which you can directly transfer to the Kindle when its connected via the USB to your Mac.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The books no longer show up on my amazon account either

Are you signed in on the same amazon account as you were when you first set up the kindle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't even access the book i JUST bought.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

try dergistering the kindle and then register it again.

From your device:

1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
  2. Select Deregister.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just did and downloaded the kindle app on my computer. The book I just bought is fine in the app on the computer. It still won't successfully download onto my kindle though.
Also, none of the original books show up on the app on the computer, either. They've all just dissapeared

If you have not deleted them from the kindle account they should still be in the cloud. Make sure you have the correct email on your kindle account account. Try signing out then back in on your computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot find them in the cloud, either. I signed out and signed back in. The only thing that's showing is the book I just bought and that won't work on the kindle.
I've had this account since before I got the kindle and have only used it and no others.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. I will do my best to help you.

Please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please give this a try and let me know if you see your previous book purchases.

Next, click on the DEVICES tab and let me know the model number that you see there and/or the serial number.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Serial Number : B006 A0A0 0462 1E79We tried your advice earlier and the only book I can access on my computer is the one I bought this morning. Even this new book won't work on my kindle, only on the app on my comp.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

A new expert here --

It sounds like your Kindle is not properly registered to your Amazon account anymore even though it might appear to. In this case, I would suggest that you call 1-***-***-**** and see if the Kindle is registered properly to your account. Please let them know that your books are not going to your Kindle anymore as well.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I called and they gave me a credit on my account but they could not figure it out either. I lost about $200 worth of books and am pretty displeased with the whole thing.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.
I completely understand and I hope the credit was close to the amount of books that you had. Please understand that I am only a technician and did not have control of the registration issue.I am certainly glad that I was able to steer you into the right direction and at the very least, allow you to receive a credit and put some sort of resolution towards the problem.With that being said, if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit. Please understand that the rating system is for our session and shouldn't be used to rate your displeasure with Amazon.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The issue has definitely not been resolved. I lost over $200 worth of books and no one has been able to help.
I am assuming I will not be charged for any of this as I was unable to use any of the many technicians' advice that I spoke to.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Okay, thank you.