Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can the screen on a kindle fire be replaced? kindle fire not

Customer Question

Can the screen on a kindle fire be replaced?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle fire not sure of age.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started today. Knocked off of table and shattered screen.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The screen of a Kindle Fire CAN be replaced, but it is not something that the average person can do home, as it requires not only the outer screen itself, but also the "Digitizer" which is the component that processes the touch screen commands on the device. However if you've performed this type of repair before, then you can contact the folks at the site below and they can sell you the screen and digitizer for your Fire:

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/amazon-kindle-fire-tablet-replacement-parts-screens.html

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then I would suggest contacting the folks at Mission Repair as they specialize in E-Reader repair and can perform this work for you:

http://www.missionrepair.com

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.