Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My Kindle is fully charged, but only a part of a screen

Customer Question

My Kindle is fully charged, but only a part of a screen lights up. I have tried holding the start button for a period of time, but that does not work. It is about 5 years old
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model #D00901 FCC ID XSX 1013 IC 8960A-1013 It is just a plain Kindle and about 5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a week and I have just tried holding the start button on for a period of time as it had quit about 2 years ago and this is what helped.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. I did not know how long you held the start button but giving you these instructions to be sure.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you