Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

My husband has a secondary Kindle to mine - attached and he

Customer Question

Hi - my husband has a secondary Kindle to mine - attached and he gets everything I download. He has lost his Kindle. Is it possible to disconnect it and perhaps even make it unusable? My Kindle is called "Beverley's reKindle" He doesn't remember what his Kindle is called, however it's the only one attached to mine. Thanks
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Where do I look to see the make and model? mine is a paperwhite. My husband's is older than that.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. He lost the Kindle about 3.5 hours ago - left it in a trolley in a shopping centre. Everyone who might possible have it handed in - the centre management, the supermarket and the enquiry desk are all on the lookout for it. We haven't tried any troubleshooting, except I looks at Household and Family library on my Kindle, but I can only add people, not deregister them
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me to Dan T? I don't think there's anything else. Oh - if we get the Kindle back can we restore the connectivity to mine?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Sign into your account

Click on YOUR DEVICES tab

Click on the lost Kindle and select DEREGISTER underneath the device name

Click on Deregister in the pop-up window

Once, the Kindle is deregistered, all of your information is removed from the Kindle and nobody can access it. After deregistering it, please call 1800 064 122 and report it as stolen/lost.

Also, deregistering his Kindle will not affect your Kindle so you can continue to use it with your account information.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

I am checking back up on your about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.