Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My amazon/kindle account seems robe messed up. need hwlp in

Customer Question

my amazon/kindle account seems robe messed up . need hwlp in squaring away. thanks
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: have a kindle fire. I think purchased last year this is about my third kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: several months.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my name is ***** ***** tablet name is ***** ***** kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help you. Are you having a problem with the Kindle itself, or with your Amazon account or both? What do you see on your Kindle screen at the moment? Are you able to log into your Amazon account? Please let me know exactly what's going on and I am sure I can help you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my kindle unlimited books were in the process reading disappeared. was my credit card number incorrect? my wife did cancel a couple of our cards from lack of use but believe the one listed today and previously is till active. I also don't know my passwords
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Let's begin troubleshooting by resetting the passwords for your Amazon account. Please go to www.amazon.com/myk. Please click on the "Forgot Password" link. Enter your email address and click continue. Please follow the prompts on the screen to reset your password. Please let me know when you have completed that and we'll move on to troubleshooting the Kindle itself.