Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have a kindle 4 and it seems to be completely dead. Have

Customer Question

Hi there - I have a kindle 4 and it seems to be completely dead. Have tried to do a reset but nothing happens
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I dont know exactly. Am trying to read the model number on the back -=
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think the model number is *****
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The kindle is fully charged. I tried holding the power for 40 seconds and then waiting 3 minutes Also tried pushing the reset button with a paper clip
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 30 days ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot but unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then press and hold the power switch for 60 seconds, then release.Try powering on, if that fails, Wait 15 minutes with the kindle connected to the charger and wall outlet then try the steps again. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if this does not work for you

did that work?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi It doesn't work. Also I thought I would be charged 5$ and I seem to have been charged more like $30. How can I resolve this issue.

I am sorry for any difficulty or confusion. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you.