Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have owned the kindle for at least 6 years. I use it a

Customer Question

I have owned the kindle for at least 6 years. I use it a lot. Recently the low battery llight came on and stayed even when I knew it was operational ( could still get into the book I was reading. I connected it up to recharge and now the green light is on and does not go out.I can't get it to open at all. any suggestions?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I'm not sure it just days Amazon kindle at the top of the device. I have owned it for six years. Unfortunately I have moved and the paperwork is still in unpacked boxes.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This started yesterday and I have tried holding the power switch to wake but can't remember how long I need to hold it to wake the book.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, Ive been a constant user since I bought it.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,