Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My Kindle model # PR53DC just stopped working, it is only

Customer Question

my Kindle model # PR53DC just stopped working, it is only one month old
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the model # is PR53DC kINDLE and it is one month old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it just happened this afternoon and I dont know of any trouble shooting method, it is charged up
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
we tried to reboot before, but this time it did. Why are we being charged $28.00 instead of the $5.00 that they said was the amount originally.
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Thanks for the update, Ed. I'm glad that worked for you.

28 is the fee, and always was. It is never just 5, that is the deposit to post your question, the balance is the amount you agreed to on the payment page.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.