info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

MY KINDLE WONT HOLD A CHARGE. as as it is plugged in it

Customer Question

MY KINDLE WONT HOLD A CHARGE. as long as it is plugged in it works fine. can it be fixed?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: How do i know? it is probably 2-3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it has been going on for a month or more. i have tried several times to restart etc.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope just want to know if it is fixable.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Do you need more help with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok... i have held button down for 40 sec. with and without the charger 4 times. it has helped, but has not fixed the issue. the battery sign on the top right shows i have 3/4 of a battery life left, but it will just turn off.

OK a few easy things >>>have you tried charging at a different power-socket?believe it or not we have much ado about this as some power-sockets do not work correctly with chargers

Secondly have you tried charging via a laptop?if so does the kindle behave the same way?

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll trying charging with laptop. Have charged in different sockets and different chargers. Thx.

OK these are just checks to eliminate things like the charger, if you have tried a different charger let me know

If you are happy so far with my help could you please rate the info positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page please?thank you, ***** ***** need more help let me know

Anthony