Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Have a kindle paperweight 1 version?? and it seized. Have

Customer Question

have a kindle paperweight 1 version?? and it seized. Have charged it to full capacity and the green light will come on at bottom of Kindle, but nothing happens. Cannot get into content
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: cannot tell you model cannot find it on kindle . It would be a couple of years old now
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just happened this morning and have not tried troubleshooting. Am rather dumb when it comes to electronics
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.