Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My wife's Kindle will not seam to charge up, just show

Customer Question

My wife's Kindle will not seam to charge up, just show yellow light
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Amazon Kindle with keypad, we do not remember year of purchase. How do find out model type?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 2/3 days have checked that it plugged in, that's all I know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: found the model # D00901
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

There's a few things that could cause this- either the charge cord, the battery or the processor is locked up.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots and starts charging.

If that does not work, then I would next suggest a new charger cable if one has not been tried already. One can be purchased at the link below:

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If neither the reset nor a new charger allow the Kindle to charge, then it would indicate the internal battery is faulty and needs to be replaced. In this case the battery can be purchased at the link below and as well there are also instructions to show you how to replace it:

http://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Kindle_D00901_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/amazon%20kindle%20d00901.htm?gclid=Cj0KEQjwqfvABRC6gJ3T_4mwspoBEiQAyoQPkZ-CWdnuc03HPz5E3SdM-hpUyvZ8KaBW-KZ_9O4mj-IaAsxK8P8HAQ

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.