Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot swipe the screen to use my tablet. There is a voice

Customer Question

I cannot swipe the screen to use my tablet. There is a voice that repeats whatever is on the screen. If I want to do anything I tap an item, i.e. lock...then tap the screen twice, it will go to next step but will not swipe. Everything seems to work that way.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it March 2016 and I think it's a Kindle Fire 7. I
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started after the last time I charged it two days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing has changed after doing everything you suggested at least 5 times.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry to hear that and this indicates you have a defective Kindle Fire. Those steps are the only thing on a user level you can try and since the device is less than a year old you will need to contact Amazon to have the Kindle replaced. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?