Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Paperwhite Kindle is about 2 yrs old. Now I can't charge

Customer Question

My Paperwhite Kindle is about 2 yrs old. Now I can't charge it. The little green light only stays on for a second when I press the button.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Have no idea the make or model. It was a gift. Only know it's a paperwhite and it's about 2 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started when I saw that the battery was low and needed charging. I've tried it in other outlets just to make sure. Now it is completely dead.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.