Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindlewhite paper is frozen had something to do with a

Customer Question

my kindlewhite paper is frozen had something to do with a credit card but I have 50.00 gift card on amazon
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about one year
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do I get it unfrozen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to get any response from the Kindle please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's unfrozen but will not except my gift card
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay the gift card has nothing to do with the Kindle itself, you need to apply the gift card DIRECTLY form a PC through your Amazon account, this cannot be done on the Kindle.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

So once you apply your Amazon gift card directly from your Amazon account then you will be able to use that card on your Kindle.

You can view more information on how to to this from the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201252570

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.