Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have a new computer and new router (same wifi name and

Customer Question

I have a new computer and new router (same wifi name and password) and I am not able to access wifi to receive the books that I ordered.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is several years old. The "device info" is Wi-fi MAC address: 28:EF:01:41:7B:41 Serial Number: B008 A0A0 1204 1QRF
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I ordered some new books just last night and could not receive them on the Kindle. It is just a reader, so do not use it for inet access. It shows signal strength and that the wifi is on, but says NOT connected. My Wifi name does not even show in the list of available wifis. I have typed in the name and have done the advanced setup, it finds the wifi and says it is connecting, but says the connection has failed. My tablet works, so the wifi is on and usable. I also have a Kindle Fire that I do not use, I am charging it so that I can see if it will receive the signal.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Router: Netgear dual band router WNDR3400v3
Modem: Arris TG1672G (from Time Warner Cable--now Spectrum)

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.