Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

O turn the "Page" it is the little one and it is about 5

Customer Question

o turn the "Page"
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is the little one and it is about 5 years old..it is the second one as the 1st had some problem that coyld not be fixed so I was sent a new one...
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Now when I try to turn a page it jumps 3 pages ahead and I have to go back a few pages.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Forever.. I did trouble shoot but nothing helped and now it is annoying!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Is the device you're referring to here today a Kindle by chance (no specifics are posted)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Is the device you're referring to here today a Kindle?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but assuming you have a Kindle, I would sugget the following steps to see if they help.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the MODEL of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.