GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My kindle fire has frozen, kindle fire, registered to, when

Customer Question

my kindle fire has frozen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: registered to***@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I look for account settings it says divice not registeredf
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Randy, I've got this. Thanks!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.
Please let me know if this does not work for you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I have already provided this information Randy. I am waiting for feedback from the customer. We appreciate but we've got this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give the soft rest a try first let me know how it works for you. That will likelyt resolve the issue. If it does not please continue on to the instructions for the factory reset and give that a try. When your problem has been resolved, please take a moment to rate my service. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.