Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I can't download books onto both my kindles anymore and the

Customer Question

I can't download books onto both my kindles anymore and the newest one I can't get into and read what books are on there. They sent me an email with instructions at one point but I couldn't work it out. When I put my older one onto wireless the books don't come t hrough like they used to and I'm so fed up with it. I can't read my kindles and it's becoming ridiculous.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know, they are kindles. One is about 5 to 6 years old the other one I bought earlier this year. Neither are paperwhites.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Every since I came back from England last year with the older one and ever since I had the new one. They won't help me to trouble shoot. I've tried a few things myself but really I don't know what I'm doing other than what I did before which was to turn the older one onto wireless on and then the books would come through. They don't now.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just help me to use them. It's a total waste of money sitting here and I'm not happy.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and try to download the books

Let me know the results please

Thank you