Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I am trying to transfer books from my old dead Kindle to the

Customer Question

I am trying to transfer books from my old dead Kindle to the new Kindle I have just bought but I can't get to register with Amazon as a first step. I have now changed the password ***** still can 't progress.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle (8th Gen) WIFI SO bundle Does that help. It is brnasd new. As for the old one it is a Kindle WIFi 6 ink e-ink dis Black. I am reading this off the old receipt. I bought it 2 years ago. I keep getting frustrating messages from Amazon asking me to verify things! I don't follow this as I thought I had done what is involved
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I started about one hour ago to register my new Kindle which I received this morning
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don.t think so thank you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

You mentioned that you changed the password ***** still cannot make any progress. What error message are you receiving?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sorted that out and my new Kindle is open and I can see the screen. But I don't know where to go to transfer the books from the old Kindle to the new one.
Thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

The books will automatically download to your new Kindle if you registered it to the same Amazon account that has purchased the books before. Also, you will need to connect your Kindle to a Wi-Fi network.

Did you connect your Kindle to Wi-Fi and register it to the same Amazon account that was used to purchase the books before?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did connect to both wi fi and Kindle. I am now getting a screen which I can't get to do more than show me a set of books available from Kindle which I don't want at the moment. I just want to get my books back.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

If you go into your library, you should see an option for CLOUD/DEVICE at the top or bottom of the screen. If you select that option, it will cycle back and forth through the options and show you the books on the Cloud which are the ones that you purchased before.

Let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I did go to the Cloud and nothing works.Please ring me. I know the cost. My number is ***** Sydney Australia . It is 02 94204010
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.
Instead of receiving a phone call from me, I would suggest that you call Kindle support directly so they can pull up your account information and see what is going on.Please call 1800 064 122If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It worked!
Thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Awesome!

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.