Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

This is my third kindle fire and for the life of me I don't

Customer Question

this is my third kindle fire and for the life of me I don't remember ever setting a password ***** parental controls....AND I wouldn't have because I don't have kids...so I tried to go and change my password, but couldn't because I needed my password ***** open the conversation...see my delima?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's the kindlefire7...just got it...don't know about where to find the model of the device
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ever since I got it.....I've tried many many times to access parental controls to turn them off...but can't because I don't have a password ***** don't think I ever did
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah...i'm old and very impatient and very disgusted that this is just one of a number of issues amazon has spewed on me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

1. Enter an incorrect password ***** times.
  2. Tap the orange link that says Reset Your Parental Controls Password. If you don't see this link on your screen, you may need to scroll down in the message window.
  3. Enter your Amazon account password (this is the password ***** used to register your device, and to sign in to Amazon).
  4. Enter your new Parental Controls password.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 28 days ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.